Monday, April 25, 2016

Yosemite

Day 1: We're here! Finally, we are here. I can't believe we are here. Me, Autumn, Mom ,Dad, Uncle Dave, and Grammy Char. Earlier we went through the woods to dinner it was 2 miles (Dads idea) then we headed to bed. We are sleeping in heated tents. Autumn is with Grammy Char and Uncle Dave so I get Mom and Dad all to myself.



Day 2: This morning we went to breakfast, then we went on an 7 or 8 mile hike (round trip it was over 10 miles and 2,000 vertical feet that we climbed) and saw Vernal Falls and Nevada Falls. I liked to walk up front with Dave. He knows a lot about a lot of things. Some parts were really narrow with steep stairs. Some of these parts were even wet from the spray of the waterfall. At the top, we could look down the waterfall.


Day 3: Today we went for a hike all morning around the valley floor and up to Columbus Rock (on the way to Yosemite Falls) then had lunch. Dave and I had a lot of fun building cairns. Then we had leisure time and after that walked to mirror lake, which actually looks like a mirror. Then we had dinner. We ended up walking 7 miles for the day.

Day 4: We woke up, had breakfast, and packed up to go. Then, we drove to Alder Creek. It had...ALDER TREES. See.


Then, we drove to Sequoia to meet up with more of our family at their campsite.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great blog. It appears that you had a fantastic time at Yosemite with Uncle Dave and Aunt Char. Evie and I were at Yosemite just last year and we did some of the walking you did, but not as much. You posted terrific pictures and I simply love the one with you with the Alder Creek sign. I think you should get a picture of that one for your room. Love you, Grand pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alder,
    You visited beautiful places and had a good time. I am sure you thanked your mom and dad for this vacation. Also, I see you sharpened your climbing technique. See you soon. UA

    ReplyDelete