Wednesday, April 20, 2016

san fransisco

Yesterday my great aunt "Grammy" Char picked us up at the Emeryville train station.
We drove to Twin Peaks for a great view of San Francisco. I was really restless.
Then we went to Char and Dave's (my great uncle) house and met up with my dad's cousins Devin, Eric, and their 1 year old baby Daria. We went for a walk to Mt. Olympus, then to Tank Tower. It was a great view also.

Sunday:
Woke up and had breakfast with Grammy Char. Then, she took my sister and me to Buena Vista park.
When we got back, our family took the bus to catch a cable car. My dad, Char and Dave rode on the outside. We got off at Fisherman's Wharf, and walked near the Ghiradelli manufacturing plant.

We went to the marina and there were a lot of activities. We spun yarn to make twisted rope, and flag name necklaces. Then we went on the Balclutha ship. It is now called the Star of Alaska.

Then we met Devin, Eric, and Daria and had a picnic in the park. I climbed a very big tree with my sister. After lunch, we walked very far up a HUGE hill to Coit Tower. At the top, we took an elevator even higher and saw more views of the city.

After that we walked down thousands of steps and had ice cream at the Ferry building on the Pier.  Then we took a trolley car home. We walked over 20,000 steps in just one day!

The next day we were off to Yosemite.

1 comment:

  1. Alder, this is an absolutely terrific experience. I am jealous. Not many people have family in such interesting places on both sides of the States. I can't wait until I see you for a more in depth discussion of this trip. I have already seen the Facebook pictures of your Yosemite trip Which I think is amazing. Good for you and Autumn to do so much hiking. I'm surprised your Dad could keep up. I know Char and Dave could. Please give everybody a big hug for me and wish them all, and you, a HAPPY PASSOVER, which starts tonight. I assume you will be eating Matza, right? Love you.

    ReplyDelete